Sunday, May 16, 2010

And so it begins

It's my first time posting today. This blog has been on my mind for quite some time and today I am finally beginning it. I find so much comfort and support in reading other people's (mostly women's) blogs and my hope is that this blog will help someone else out there.

My husband and I started trying to conceive over 4 years ago and our path has finally brought us to domestic open adoption. We are super excited to be heading toward becoming parents and this blog is my chronicle of that journey. We are working with an adoption agency and got into circulation in December...we are what some people call paper pregnant :) We haven't had any contacts yet so at this point we are just waiting. Different from trying to get pregnant, one of the things I am really enjoying about adoption is we KNOW we WILL be parents, it's just a matter of time. I won't go into all the details of what brought us to adoption or getting into circulation in this post, but promise to share more as time goes on. I know when we were first starting out I was hungry for any information I could come by that would help me understand the road ahead.

I also started this blog so I could craft my way to motherhood. I love making things and while we were trying to conceive I always felt a strong desire to protect myself from the disappointment that came along with hoping. One of the ways I did that was by not allowing myself to do any nesting related to a baby coming. Since deciding to adopt I am embracing my desire to make things for our baby, knowing that he or she IS on their way to us. So this blog will also be a place for me to share my crafty projects. I love crafting, I always have. I majored in art in college and have had creative jobs since graduating, but through it all I am always working on some project, usually something crafty just for fun. So this blog is a place to share some of my creative projects along the way. Right now I am working on a baby blanket/quilt that I am really excited about and other fun things to come include tie died layettes and stuffed animals! Feel free to leave comments or just follow along. I look forward to the community this blog may open up for me and to connecting with anyone out there who may be reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crafty Nester! Welcome to the world of blogging. I just started my blog in March, to document and maybe help someone else out there that may be wondering about adoption, or going through the same emotional roller coaster. I guess we just became "paper pregnant" yesterday! I too love crafts, although I have not been as crafty as I once was, and want to get back into making things, so I am taking a knitting class. Anyways, I look forward to seeing your projects, and seeing your adoption story unfold.

    ReplyDelete