Sunday, July 11, 2010

Doing my part to save second base




















I did the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer this weekend in SF. It was so inspiring and this motto (in the title of this post) was one of my favorites. It was amazing to see so many people come out to do something good and help find a cure. It was also heartbreaking at times hearing people's stories. I got teary eyed several times throughout the weekend.
I feel so grateful to be healthy and able to contribute. I know my feet may disagree with this at the moment, after two days of walking, but I feel like I got much more than I gave. Over 3,000 people walked and together we raised over $5.5 million dollars! How awesome is it?!

If you want to join the cause and be IN IT TO END IT go here and learn more.

1 comment:

  1. The Chicago walk was a few weeks ago and I sponsored a friend...she did mention her feet hurt a bunch when she was done! She also enjoyed the event very much.

    ReplyDelete